Wednesday, May 23, 2007

We the patriotic people...

My new passport came in the mail yesterday. Holy patriotism, Batman! There is no mistaking this as anything but a U.S. passport. This thing could single-handedly win the 'war on terror'. So much for being subtle when I travel. "Yes, I'm a US citizen. Why yes, those are amber waves of grain on page 18. You are correct, we are patriotic sons a bitches".

Did the old ones even say United States on them?

Apparently these new ones contain electronics in them. How's that for Big Bro? I'm sure the first thing Peru did was drop several million to upgrade their immigration control in order to process these things for us. I counted three pages for the old-fashioned stamps. Every other page is reserved for visas. At the rate we're going, we'll probably need them.

Anyway, I'm going to miss getting all the stamps (they didn't send back my old passport). But at least I've got one in hand.

1 comment:

La said...

LOL at that first graf...I had to read it out loud to Gbenga!