Sunday, May 6, 2007

Layers

I received a package in the mail yesterday from Fathom Expeditions–the group leading the excursion to Antarctica. The package was full of info like what to wear and papers to sign in case of an emergency. I took the time to actually read all the fine print (they are able to cancel the trip–but no mention of a refund?) and saw that if needed, Argentina and Chile have fine medical facilities. That's great news. But if it's taking us two days just to chug over to Antarctica, what are the chances I'll get to use them if I really need them?

Anyway, the brochure was, of course, chock full of pictures. I don't think I could be any more excited now. I also got the latest Footprints Guide to South America which I spent most of last night reading. Much more detailed than Lonely Planet. But yes, I've still got six months to go...

No comments: