Sunday, August 5, 2007

English Only?

Tonight I grabbed a few drinks with a friend of a friend who is also going to South America for several months at about the same time I am going. She is flying to Buenos Aires at the beginning of October and flying out of Lima in April. Apparently she, too, felt this was a good time in her life to do an extended trip. During the course of the conversation we declared we would meet up some where along the way. This makes the fourth acquaintance from DC I will meet up with in South America. That is a lot of time to speak English while I am there. Am I defeating the purpose of this trip?

On the up side, each person I plan on meeting there speaks Spanish. I guess I can attempt to speak only Spanish to them as well. But am I bringing DC with me?

No comments: