Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Thoughts in Quito

Some random thoughts as I procrastinate instead of doing my homework:

I am a big fan of the kiss-on-the-cheek greeting.

I also like that men don"t do this to other men.

I forgot about about having to toss used TP in the trash beside the toilet. It"s hard to remember to do that.

This is the first hostel bar I have seen that is empty at night.

Car alarms should only go off when the car is physically jarred. Especially when parked outside my window in the morning.

Next time: break-in newly purchased shoes before taking them on a trip. I am already wearing band-aids.

The ghettos in the U.S. have nothing on ghettos in most foreign countries.

First lesson in economics: purchase locally. Last night I bought a bag of Combos for $3.65. This morning I paid $2.85 for eggs, bacon, toast, coffe, and juice.

Why do hippies always seem to have access to guitars?

Latin men are short. It makes me feel tall.

Until I walk into my hostel full of Scandinavians.

Ecuador uses the American dollar. Makes things so much easier.

I can"t figure out how to make the apostrophe sign or the "at" sign on these keyboards. It"s really messing with me. Any ideas?

Oh, and I have no idea how to hook up my camera"s USB cable to these PCs. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Starbright said...

I like your blog!!

faithsalutes said...

Keep up the blog, it is classic.

La said...

Idea: Use all that Spanish you;ve been taking to ask someone!!