Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Two Outta Three

Today there was a small office party for me – with the most amazing cake from Heidelberg Bakery (thanks GS) and a card with Dorothy, the lion, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow. My face was pasted on Dorothy's neck (no intentional offense). It was confirmed that I need a chip implanted in me so my office mates can watch me wander in circles from the comfort of their desks. After work I went to my boss' apt for another party to see me off. Same boss that allowed me the extra week (DK - you rock). She let me off for four months and threw me a party (maybe this is a sign I should start looking for another job). Both were very much appreciated.

But I'm home by 10:30. Need some rest. Tomorrow is the bigger farewell. I'm having 40 people who claim to like me, in some form or another, send me off in style over several rounds of drinks in DC's Foggy Bottom. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to it. Several of my closest friends will be there; people that I will miss seeing on a regular basis. Should be a good send off. And, in one of my smarter moments, I scheduled this two days prior to departure so I wouldn't be hung over the day of.

For everyone following this blog (both of you), I'll take the small camera and attempt to post some pictures of the event. I need to learn how to do that before I go, and this seems like the best chance to do so. The more pictures posted from the party, the more comfortable I will be posting pics later during the trip. Keep your fingers crossed...

1 comment:

La said...

happy travels, dude!