Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back From the Bottom of the World

I just got back to Ushuaia from Antarctica. The trip was by far the most amazing trip I have ever done. I would go back immediately. If it didn´t cost so friggin much. But really, Antarctica is an awesome destination with the most beautiful views I have ever seen. Penguins galore - I think 700 of my 1000 pics are of penguins alone. But there are several shots of whales, leopard seals and the landscape. Problem is I took way too many pics. So unfortunately you will probably have to wait until I am back in the states before those pics get posted along with the stories. I will post a few in the next couple of days as a teaser.

I met two gals from Charlotte and a Brit on my boat who were planning to rent a car and drive to Torres del Paine (look at the Patagonia logo - that´s the place) in Chile. So I am hitching a ride with them for some good hiking and then on to Calafate to see the world´s only growing glacier. After those two stops I am back on my own to head to the lake district of Argentina and Mendoza before heading back to Buenos Aires and then home. It´s almost painful to think that I only have 20 days left. Those of you that are reading at my office, if something has happened and I need to be let go, now woul be a good time to let me know so I can plan on continuing my travels. I am in no hurry to return.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time and didn't freeze or get adopted by a penguin family as their cousin who can't dive as deep but dances ok.

DK in DC said...

Dan - it's your boss - Denise. I'm looking forward to your return to work on March 3. Your ass and your office chair are going to be great friends. Safe travels...

Dan 3 said...

Figured as much. Just thought I`d throw it out there...