Monday, February 25, 2008

Countdown to Hell

Howdy blog readers. I am currently in Buenos Aires just hanging out after a quick jaunt across the river into Uruguay to spend 26 hours in the colonial town of Colonial (clever name). Wasn`t much to do there - the town is tiny - but it is a nifty little historic town and I got to see one more country (and mate-to-go). Tomorrow morning I am flying to Mendoza, Argentina, and doing a private vineyard tour. How cultured am I? Maybe I can finally learn how to pick a bottle of wine by something other than how cool the design of the lable is. I return to Buenos Aires on Thursday morning after an all night bus, and I will have two days to explore the neighborhoods I have missed before catching my flight back to the States. As the English would say, "buggah". Four months is almost at a close and it is a little depressing. This time next week I will be sitting behind a computer in a dark room probably laying out a Word document. sigh.

Hope those of you still reading (hi mom) have enjoyed the stories along the way. Sorry for the delay and my inability to keep up. But who wants to spend hours in a cyber cafe when you can be lounging in a hammock, drinking wine, and staring at the Lake District of Argentina? I can pretty much gaurantee there will be no new stories before I get home. Time is of the essence and I am going to try to make the most of it. But for those of you still interested in what happend during the past month and a half (hi dad), I will write up those stories when I return. Unpacking next weekend will probably get old fast and I will want distractions. Plus UNC is only playing one game on Saturday which means I have all of Sunday to put off unpacking.

Thanks for reading and commenting (hi Carrie). Keep checking in from time to time as new stories from the trip are posted along with pictures. I promise the pictures from Antarctica will be worth the wait. I just looked through them yesterday. Wow. That place was cold.

I will update the blog once or twice more before my plane leaves. As for now, ciao....

No comments: