Friday, November 2, 2007

More Random Thoughts

It is so odd to see people light-up a cigarette inside. Inside a bar, restaurant, cybercafe, whatever. Those of you in DC know what I am talking about.

People over the age of, say 40, that stay in hostels creep me out. There are three or four couples around 50 years old staying at my hostel and they are all very arrogant. I mean arguing over a $6 tab for breakfast for two? Seriously?

Those older couples always seem to be from England, Spain, or Germany.

I can not seem to find a decent cigar shop any where near where I am staying. I ended up buying one of those cigars with a mouth piece and had to put it out after a few puffs. I was so embarrassed.

South American indeginous women are very proud. Or they just really do not care.

Spanish would be so much easier to understand if every one spoke as slowly as people in the southern U.S.

I learned the word for butter yesterday and was so excited to finally ask for it in Spanish at breakfast. Then this morning I asked for a suitcase.

Beer always tastes better in a cold mug. No matter the country.

Not every local in the Gringo district of Quito speaks Spanish. I found this out the hard way at the laundry.

If a car is beeping at you as you are crossing the street in Quito, it is not simultaneously slowing down.

I still can"t figure out how to make an apostrophe on these damn keyboards.

3 comments:

La said...

I laughed until my eyes teared up on the butter/suitcase thing. I'm glad class is going better for you though.

Anonymous said...

So, I have to ask how the suitcase tasted? That is so funny. We were always so bad with foreign languages.

Dan 3 said...

Speak for yourself, I was damn good at saying hola, bonjour, and uh, how do you say hello in german?