Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanks Quito, I`m Out.

After three weeks I have finally left Quito. Today I arrived in the Galapagos Islands. Other than chilling on the beach or watching TV at a restaurant, I am finding there is little to do here before my big yacht trip. So here`s a blog to thank Quito (and the people of Quito) for getting me through my first three weeks in South America.

Thanks to

Vane (and family): For looking out for me and making Quito so easy.
Coworker: For getting me set up. Or asking your girlfriend to get me set up.
Patricia: For patience above the call of duty during our Spanish classes.
Regina: For asking me if I wanted to hang out. And then continuing to hang out with me.
Lula: For all the beautiful views of Quito. And being patient with my Spanish.
Pauli: For keeping me connected to everyone.
Miguel: For not making fun of my dancing.
Day hostel manager: For speaking to me in Spanglish.
Obnoxious British kids: For reminding me why hostels are so much cheaper than hotels.
City cabs: The 8% of you that did not try to rip me off.
City buses: For making me realize government mandates on auto emissions is a good thing.
Quito: For not mugging me. You were a good host city to start my trip. May your auto emissions drop drastically soon.

No comments: