Friday, November 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

And because I can`t upload my pics from this week, I will write more random thoughts and postpone the write up of my week before leaving.

I am wearing my one pair of jeans way to much.

UNC almost doubled their opponents´ score in the exhibition game, then came close to losing the season opener to Davidson. Why did I time this trip during college b-ball season?

No one seems to drink Gin here.

Buses are never too full to turn away another passenger.

I wish the U.S. adopted the gap year when I graduated high school.

British passports have pictures of birds on every page. Discuss.

Now matter how transient I feel, using a Q-tip makes me feel civilized.

I have ordered a sandwich at three different places and each used three slices of bread.

I read this in the Lonely Planet guide:
"To call someone in Argentina from outside Argentina, you`ll need to dial your country`s international access code, then Argentina`s country code, then the city`s area code (leaving out the first 0), then the number itself. When dialing an Argentine cell phone from outside Argentina, dial your country`s international access code, then 54, then 9, then the area code and number, leaving out the 15."

Wow.