Monday, January 7, 2008

Random Thoughts in Sucre

So far in every South American country I have visited cough drops are considered breath mints.

You can´t be modest and need to go to the bathroom in Bolivia. People relieve themselves every where.

I want to learn an obscure language like Swahili or Quechua so when I am in groups of backpackers from different countries who are all speaking to each other in languages I can`t understand I can then have a private conversation too.

I also want some one else who can speak that obscure language to show up when these conversations are going down.

I have yet to learn that higher altitude means sunburning quicker.

If I were stationed here as a Peace Corp volunteer, my first purchase with my meager stipen would be a toilet seat. Seriously, where are all the toilet seats here?

There is a sad disconnect between the mestisos (the mostly white people) and the indigenous people in South America.

No comments: