Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year´s

Do you remember it? Not sure I do. Well, parts of it, like polarod snap shots in my mind. Did not sleep at all new year´s eve night (or the following morning). When we got home, there was enough time to get ready to head out for my coworker`s grandfather`s birthday party. That lasted well into the night and involved a ridiculous amount of wine. A few hours of sleep that night and then up to get packed to leave for Potosi. I was on an all-night bus last night. The road traveled was not paved. In fact it was really bumpy. My coworker didn´t sleep at all. I think I managed to sleep off and on for about 2 hours. We are about to board another 7 hour bus for Uyuni. I will sleep there. Hopefully.

Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year. I think I am.

3 comments:

dresser said...

Happy New Year, Dan. 2 months down -- 2 to go. That is, if you're coming back. How did you like Peru overall (other than not being blown away by the chicken)? Bolivia?

Dan 3 said...

Yeah, half done. Hard to believe it´s going so quickly. Peru was great. Wish I had more time to explore there. Bolivia so far has just been the chill town of Tarija. Lots of vino and lots of great people.

LAY-ah said...

on nye met a couple of guys from la paz. and we talked (in spanish, haha) about tarija, uyuni and the salt flats. i wouldn't be surprised if co-worker was friends with them. take tons of pictures in dali-land. (so jealous)