Sunday, January 27, 2008

Update

Currently I am in Buenos Aires staying with my previous neighbors from Capitol Hill. They live in a brilliant apartment just minutes from everything in the city and in just 24 hours I have managed to see quite a bit of the city. More importantly I have already had a steak & wine lunch. When you visit Argentina, try the Lomo and ask for it "jugoso". Best steak I think I have ever had. The melted cheese side dish was pretty damn good too.

Guess what I am having for lunch today. Yep, same thing. And checking out the big antiques market (anyone want anything - JL, I am looking in your direction) and a tango show. My hosts have been here about a year and a half and recommended several great places to check out, including a wine bar and a mansion-turned-bar, both of which I explored thoroughly last night until 5am (I won't go into the details of my travel buddy - who I met up with again - having a bit of an messy accident at the end of her drinking excursion last night). Chris and Beverly (and their new addition to the family) have been excellent hosts and are making my stay here an easy, relaxed, and fun break before heading off to Antarctica in a few days.

I am planning to update the blog Tuesday during some down time in Ushuaia. Hopefully I can get through Bolivia during that time. Depending on how late I am out tonight I may try and get a post or two up before I leave Buenos Aires. Stay tuned readers...

2 comments:

Regina said...

Dan, did you take advantage of me?

san said...

Dan, buy me one of everything!!! And eat some steak for me.
Sara